Tuesday 28 July 2015

ALL literacy

2015 I was involved with up skill in the ALL (Advanced learner of literacy programme)
During this programme I was trained to identify students who were struggling to show success in writing. This programme is backed by research. So my first step was to look at the research and its benefits. Second step was to test my targeted students (I also included these students as one cycle of my literacy inquiry). Third step was to use the learning progression to find where these students were sitting. I identified what the students could do and their next steps. Example below.


I also changed my planning and had observations. A couple of times I was videoed which enable me to visually see my teaching methods, feedback and feed forward and how the students reacted to my teaching style and its effectiveness.
As a results all the students involved demonstrated progress in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment